Dear Friends in the Fight!
We are thrilled with the passage of the NPRNA in the House of Representatives! Many thanks for all that you have done to make this happen.
Now — on to the Senate and from there to desk of the President of the United States!
Please help us build this critical support in the Senate by writing your Senator through their website and also phoning the Capitol Hill office. You can copy and paste the draft letter below for email or fax. We’ve also listed talking points. Here’s a link that could be helpful: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm . When you write or call, we strongly encourage you to mention your family’s story and experience with SMA.
Thank you so very much!
Yours in the fight,
(Letter to be sent via Senator’s website)
(Talking points for phone call)
- I am a constituent of Senator NAME
- I am phoning today to urge Senator NAME to cosponsor the National Pediatric Research Network Act of 2013 (S. 424/H.R. 225)
- This legislation will benefit SMA and other rare diseases.
- There are nearly 7,000 rare diseases affecting 25 to 30 million people most of whom are children.
- Mention your family’s story and experience with SMA.
- The Senator’s co sponsorship of NPRNA would mean the world to me and other families across STATE
- Thank you for your consideration!